Friday 9 March 2012

High Heels - Why Do We Wear Them?

It doesnt matter if you can't walk in them and stumble like a retarded horse, high heels still seem to be the best possible or at least favourite thing women put on our feet and walk in around the town. It is true that the tradition of high heels started long before they became so popular and were, in some periods, worn even by men (do modern cowboys count as one of them?), but eventhough it is perfectly clear that shoes with high heels are not very comfortable, why do we, girls, women, ladies, gals, chicks, babes, dolls, lassies and other skirts from all around the world, still wear them?
Don't get me wrong, I am not an anti-heeler and I agree that legs look better in high heels, but I just can't understand why. Why would I want to torture myself on a daily basis with ultra high heels, in which I can barely make five steps? Maybe to impress my boyfriend or to make my friend jealous, but then unfortunately end up blown away by my own stupidity. Now how cool is that!
And now my message to the world:
GIRLS: Don't let yourselves be manipulated by some stupid fashion magazines that tell you what you have to wear, what you MUST like, how you should behave etc. Be what you are, wear what you like because you like it and because you CAN walk in it, not because some fashion designer said it is cool. I used to nearly die only seeing heels on the shelves in the stores, now, some years later, I see that fashion does not have to mean suffering.
BOYS: Don't expect your girfriend to be a Barbie girl, always wearing a perfect makeup, a tight short skirt and 5 inch heels. That only happens in advertisements, fashionshows and stripper clubs, and you can thank the media for filling your head with such image of a female being.

Now, to finish where we started; the inventor of high-heel shoes obviously never thought that people will have to walk in them. Allow me to adjust the lyrics of a famous song to the current situation: ''These shoes are made for walkin' thats just what they do!''

High heels. WTF?! Flat ballerina shoes. FTW!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment